Well, it is that time of year again. Time to see how I did on my goals for the year. In reading them, I see that I didnt achieve all of what I wanted, however, I must say that I am ok with that. Lets take them from the top, shall we?
1) Disney Princess Half Marathon < 3 hours in March I did complete the Disney Princess, however, I did it in 3 hours, 3 minutes. Had I stood in line for a shorter period at the port-o-potty, I would have beat 3 hours! To think, my aversion to peeing on the side of the road is what made me miss this goal.
2) Complete each of the 4 or so Triathlons on my agenda, with an improving time for each. I would like, in the first one, to beat my time in the Danskin '02. I did not beat the times of my Danskin 2002 endeavor. That said, I found swimming to be much, much more difficult than any other time in my life. By the end of the season, I was happy to just finish, as you saw from my race recaps. That said, I did complete the Issaquah Tri, Chelanman Tri and the Finish Strong Tri. My confidence was not so beaten down that I will not continue to attempt improvement and longer distances. For each race, there were various aspects of the races that did improve, and that gives me confidence that I can get to where I want....next year.
3) I will be doing the Tour de Cure century ride this year. My stretch goal is to complete 70 miles of it, although I am officially signed up for the 45 mile. For the full century...hmmmm, maybe next year. Yeah, I didnt do this. I didnt raise the money, so I didnt do the ride. The Terms clearly stated that if you do not raise the money, you cannot ride. So, I opted not to ride. That said, they still continued to come after me for the money, although nowhere in the terms did it actually say that I had to pay it. This made me dislike this particular charity, so I will not do this ride in the future, either.
4) Complete another half marathon by the end of the year, improving upon my time at Disney. I did complete another race, the Los Angeles Rock and Roll and I did this one under 3 hours! I ran this with my friend Reeta, who was a Team in Training member, running for her mom. I was very happy with my performance here, although I was not happy with my training. This also marked my first visit to the med tent. Salt deficient, perhaps?
5) and this one is a big one to pretty publicly put a number on..... I would like to lose a minimum of 40 lbs in the next year. Ugh, that sucks to even type. Wow, so I didnt make this one either. I did lose about 15-20 lbs, but still, I am pretty disappointed that I didnt get closer to where I wanted on this one.
Overall, I am not unhappy about yearly goals. I am not thrilled, but not too unhappy. I think that while I didnt make the milestones I had been shooting for, I did learn a lot about myself and my motivation. I did learn that I need a coach (I have one lined up for next year). I did learn that swimming is much harder for me than it used to be. And, I did learn that the TYR Hurricane was the best wetsuit ever.
I also started this year out explaining to my friend Goose that I didnt need any new friends, and therefore she could not invite her friends with us on a girls trip. However, I did find that there was still some room in there for additional folks. I have met some awesome people through my Triathlon team that I joined. These guys are so supportive in all ways, it is really amazing.
Oh and Colleen - this is proof that I am alive. :)
1 comment:
Glad to hear you're alive : ) thought I was going to be meeting some crazed single lady killer on Thurs for dinner!
Post a Comment