Monday, July 30, 2012

Cleanse in a pyramid formation

Back in March, my running buddy Susan and I came across an Isagenix stand that was set up at the expo for the Mercer Island Half Marathon.   We both mentioned that we were curious, but that people seemed somewhat cultish about it, so we stayed away.    I mentioned that I had a FB friend* that I thought used it, but she seems subtle and not cultish at all.
* FB friend = friend you are good friends with at some point in time but havent seen in person in oodles of years.

At some point in my researching low carb/high protien eating, I became aware of the concept of cellular cleansing.   While I obsessed with other cleanses in a manner similar to a car fire on the side of the road, this type of cleansing seemed more interesting, and less...um....messy.   The concept here is that over the last many years, our environment has become so clogged with crap, that our bodies' normal methods of expelling toxins can no longer keep up.

There are two major trains of thought:  1) our liver and kidneys have evolved to do this, and are the best way to do this, and do this just fine thankyouverymuch   and 2) that the amount of toxicity in our environments and food has far surpassed the amount that our liver and kidneys have evolved to filter out.

In another part of my mid-life crisis that I have every 5 years or so, I have also learned how easily chemicals and things can enter our bodies via our skin.  All those products that you rub on for anti-aging capitalize on the fact that the skin lets LOTS of stuff through.

After pondering a bit, I have decided I agree with theory 2.   While I have lost a bit of weight, and been eating better, and taking my vitamins, my joints still feel painfully inflammed.  Most of them.   I also don't feel quite right - less energy, sleeping too much, etc.

This has brought me back to Isagenix, which is touted as a full body cleanse.  So I tell Susan I am thinking of looking into it.   Later that day, my FB friend posted an interesting article on the fact that carbs are not an essential nutrient, and that humans aren't actually proven to need them.   Susan and I both commented...FF to later in the evening, and both of us were on the horn with my FB friend getting us some product.

When I started the buyflow, it became clear that if I wanted this stuff as cheaply as possible, I was going to get sucked into being an Associate.  Of course, this is when I felt the suck of the cult, pulllllllling me in.   FB friend assures me that Isagenix will not hassle me, I will just get credits and $$ if I happen to sell to more peeps.   So, that is how I got sucked into a pyramid scheme.    Susan also got sucked in, under me, so I am an associate with a sub-associate! 

Can I now say I have my own business?
  
Make money at home folks!  Make money at home!  Wanna learn how?  Call Kim.

This stuff is currently in transit, and should be waiting for me when I get home.  I will either start with Dinner tonight or Breakfast tomorrow.     I will go ahead and blog each day about what this is like since it is a structured program for 30 days, that I have gotten myself into.

Should be interesting!

No comments: