Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mama needs a new pair of shoes

So the time has come, that every stingy, cheap, wannabe almost athlete fears - I need new shoes. Now, since I am not 20 and fit anymore, but instead a 32 year old who pronates and has a rebuilt ACL, I cannot just get your run of the mill Nikes off the rack at Fred Meyer - no, I need shoes for people who pronate.

So, I am trying to avoid Jock n' Jill or somewhere like that, where I will drop $150 for shoes. I went to the Brooks outlet in Bothell, and the only pair they had in my size was also for people with high arches, which I do not have. I will go back this weekend - they are getting a new shipment of shoes in tomorrow.

I know I need new shoes because my knees are starting to hurt. I did get on the treadmill last night, but only got through about 35 min on 2.5 before my knees hurt enough to make me stop.

So, since I cannot afford the fancy shoes not on the sale rack, I will just wait til this weekend, and only walk slowly with no incline until then. I blame this alllll on the economy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what about those great zebra (or was it cheetah?) madden mules you have? you could totally run in those.