Tuesday, November 4, 2008

When Pets Cheat

So much to write about, but the whole 'election' thing is still sinking in, as well as the awful fact that CA is on its way to passing what I think is an archane and moronic demoralizing marriage ban.....

So - Instead lets talk about how my dog is cheating on me with my friend Cassie. Muki LOVES Cassie. I have always suspected this. On Project Runway nights, Muki always sat with Cassie. When we go to Monroe - she is really excited for Cassie's. When Cassie and Emma come in the door, I used to think it was just Muki loving the babies (Emma), but I am seeing now that I was mistaken - Muki is having a pet affair with Cassie!

The final straw that convinced me of this was on Sat. night at Late Night Scrap at the Monroe Ben Franklin. Muki was in the car, and I took her out to let her potty and walk around. When Cassie came out of the store about 10 minutes later, Muki went completely ape, jumping up and down and pulling to get away from me and over to Cassie. Then, when we were leaving, Muki saw Cassie come out again (I was already pulling out of the lot) and she started yapping and barking and trying to get out the window to Cassie. It is really pretty pathetic.

So, tonight Cassie came over to watch election results and Muki was happier to see her than she is even when I get home. I think it is a lost cause - she follows her around and won't even pay enough attention to me to sit when I tell her to. It is like I am not even there!

To make it worse, Nir Nir started sitting with Cassie too. I am starting to sense a sad sad conspiracy between my pets....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not know you had a blog! And if Muki is cheating on anyone, it is her boyfriend Manny! Manny will be very sad to know that Muki is in love with someone else. Manny built Muki a house, is in the process of becomming a man and he is doing all of this for his loved Muki.

Kim said...

Oh my god it is a LOVE TRIANGLE!!! Well Laura just bought Muki a winter coat and a Christmas necklace, so Manny may get even more competition.