Thursday, January 15, 2009

Who the hell needs Oprah? (or infomercials, for that matter?)

We have Kim, and thus, Kim's favorite things. Ask Rachel - I have a favorite everything! My current favorite thing is my wonderful coffee maker that Colleen convinced me would be a perfect thing for me to spend money on. It went something like this:


Day after Christmas:
Colleen: Hmm, maybe you can come have coffee from our wierd coffee maker someone got us for Christmas. Odd, we don't drink coffee.


About a week later:
Colleen: Our coffee maker is pretty cool, you need to come have a coffee. You just push a button, and put a packet thing in there. Matt likes it.


The night before last:
Colleen: When you come over you should have a coffee from our coffee maker it is so great matt makes coffee everyday he used to not drink coffee but now he does and he is so much better now and i am so glad we have the coffee maker and...oh? You are at Costco? The coffee maker is there and it is $40 less than normal and you get TONS of free coffee with it, it is a great buy and matt uses it every day and it is so fast to make coffee.


S O L D


So, this morning I had my first experience with my new favorite thing. Basically, this is a single serving coffee maker. It used to be you only got this type of coffee in the office - specifically I got it in the downtown Deloitte office, where I used to sip coffee while overlooking the beautiful view and thinking how nice it would be to have that view from my living room.


But, I digress. So, you fill the water part and it holds 8 cups of water. It immediately sucks up enough to make a cup of coffee into an internal heating chamber, where it holds the pressurized, heated water until you are ready to make some coffee joy. Then, you pop in one of the little packs, hit the button, and voila! Coffee. The perfect cup.


How fast? This morning, I popped in the packet, hit the button, and turned around to take Muki out front, and I heard that thing stop brewing by the time I got to the front door. And if you have been in my condo, you know that is a very short time. Cleanup? Just throw away the packet. Perfect for a lazy like me.


So, after work, Colleen clued me into a buy 4 get one free deal at BB&B, where I was buying some 'organizational stuff'. So of course, I had to get in on that. And of course, I had to buy the cute little holder do-hickey shown above.


Then, I came home and made a wonderful little Coffee Treat Station in my kitchen.



In keeping a tally against the resolutions, mark this against financial responsibility. I expect that if I stick with this instead of lattes, I will save about $900+ this year, after the investment in my snappy new coffee maker.

What can I say? Kristy has pugs and eBay and I have Mukis and my new coffee maker.

3 comments:

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

We need that little coffee holder now too... we have boxes and boxes on the counter - very cluttered!

Anonymous said...

that's AWESOME. hmmmm....

Anonymous said...

Yes, kim does have a favorite EVERYTHING! Coffee thing sounds cool but I bet next time I see you, there will be a paid (and very complicated order) latte in hand.
I NEED YOUR TREADMILL!!! I WILL STALK YOU!!!
Rachel