Thursday, January 1, 2009

I resolve to....

So, here we are at the beginning of a brand new year, and as always, I ended the last year eager and excited to clean the slate and 'get my shit together' this year. Generally I make a few resolutions, and generally I am pretty good at keeping them for a couple weeks, and then, like a retarded Weeble, I just fall down.

So, hopefully this year is different. As I have looked over the last year, sadly, I have realized that not much really stands out. I am not sure what I did with my year. So, perhaps I will make this year count.

My resolutions are:

1) Reduce the clutter - I have a small condo, and if I have less crap, I will have less mess.
2) Be more financially responsible - The old standby. I have made great strides in recent years in this area.
and of course....
3) Get fit. Not skinny model fit, but 'post Kristy's wedding fit'. If I could work out to avoid looking like a grape ape in that dress, I should be able to handle this.

Muki's resolution, as she relayed it to me, is to quit going to the bathroom in the house. Nirnir resolves to, just once, get the upper hand on Muki.

So, there they are, in writing. I suppose that means I am committed publicly now. So, I will go back to clean, clean, cleaning!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

did Kristy make you wear PURPLE for her wedding? that bitch... :D

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

I find on reducing the clutter that it helps me so much to have someone else go through things with me. It makes you embarrassed to own so much junk and you will be more likely to throw it out. Plus, others tend to point out the obvious like 'why are you keeping five sets of sheets for a full sized bed when you don't have a full sized bed...' Let me know if you ever want a neutral party to help you get rid of things!

Anonymous said...

First of all, Kate - it was a very nice purple.
Kim - I'm glad that you did not put anything on here about going back to a kinder/gentler/cheerful Kim - all that I knew to be true and right in this world was shaken the last time.
And as for the clutter - don't throw anything away without letting me see if I can sell on ebay, people buy ANYTHING, and I'm running out of things to sell, I am starting to consider the things I actually like because I love to sell stuff so much. I realize I'm completely insane.