I am sitting here looking at facebook, and the new candle that I bought smells so wonderful that I just have to blog about it. It is from a local place called "Haley & Company" in Snohomish. This gal there makes all soy candles. After reading a bit about Soy vs. normal candles, I do think I am going to look into purchasing Soy Candles from now on!
Apparently normal candles put nastiness into the air when you burn them, because they are made from petroleum byproducts. This is something that is common sense, but I had not put 2+2 together. Now that I have, and knowing how much nastiness is in my condo already, I think that I will try to always get soy. (read, mukipoo in house = nastiness).
Now, back to the candles. This lady uses all essential oils and so all the smells are great! It took me at least an hour to decide on smells to bring home. As soon as I smelled the Gardenia, I knew I needed that, and then I also got one called 'Kindness' that is a Cilantro coconut. For my free one, I got one called Champagne Cake that is really sweet.
The candles are pretty expensive - they have really posh packaging and are all handmade onsite. I think that they may be like baby bling - something you buy for friends, but not yourself (although I bought myself 3). However, she does do buy 3 get one free, and then if you recycle and bring back 3 empty containers, she will give you another one free! So, I will be getting another free, maybe that brings the overall cost down far enough to keep buying for myself....
My other thought is that I can start a hobby - making soy candles. I know it is totally easy to do, and also, I can further leverage some of my scrappy gear to embelish and make them pretty enough to put around the house (I hate plain candle jars, especially after they start getting sooty - oh but that is normal candles!)
Yet another idea to put aside for my wine night, whenever it gets here. I cannot even remember when it is.
I have realized this blog entry has become very stream of consciousness...
So, Muki just plopped down next to me, chewing on a brand new filled bone that I had put on the stove so I knew she wouldn't get to it. I really wonder what these animals do when I am not home?
Anyways - for more info about how to support a local fun business.... www.itssoy.com
Peace out!
No comments:
Post a Comment