So, I am about to go out on a joggy jog. On the day that I planned it. Which is on a Tuesday. Before dark. Which means I am able to get off work before dark! Which I have not done two days in a row in quite some time.
Let me tell you why - because people are idiots. I cannot go on enough about it, so I will keep it short. I have been working on a product release that we recently put out, and as a part of it, I have been monitoring blogs and message boards. I have come to the conclusion that people have too much god damn time on their hands and need to get a life.
Given the amount of time that people are spending online or on the phone with customer care either a) complaining that they are not already automatically eligible for the HEAVILY subsidized upgrade price for the phone that they wanting to buy, even though they have only had service for 6 mo or b) complaining that the went online yesterday and ordered a phone and read the disclaimer that says 'device ships in 7-14 days' but still are pissed off that they didn't recieve their phone today and further, when they call care repeatedly the care rep confirms that they will recieve their phone in.....7-14 days and therefore the company is trying to SCREW THEM! or c) they didnt get the answer they wanted from the last person because we are trying to screw them over so they are going to call back again and again and again and waste another reps time trying to game the system or get some sort of exception or handout.
It has taken all of my self control not to point out in those blogs or chat rooms that a) the average cell customer will not result in a profit to the average cell company for 2 YEARS. Sorry sweety, your little 29.99 plan for the last year doesnt make you a high roller. Nor does the fact that you happened to have bought a fancier device and pay $70 per month. Further, customers who repeatedly call care are even less desireable - those care reps dont work for carrots, you know. b) shut the fuck up. Just shut. the. fuck. up. You didnt select overnight shipping and therefore you dont get it tomorrow. Further, we gave you 8 days to presale to 'guarentee' shipment the day you wanted it, so ya should have ordered then, shouldnt you have? c) Why should it offend you so much that the man is trying to 'screw you' when obviously you have no qualms about trying as hard as you can to screw them and the people who have to deal with you?
Unlike my last crazy venting post, this one should not be distributed. I could probably get in trouble for it. Peace out, off to that jog!
No comments:
Post a Comment