Two blogs, one day. I am behind, and had other things to babble about.
As expected, sadly, my coworker Maria passed away about a week and a half ago. I have been told her family is still kind of in the 'denial' phase, where it isn't quite real.
Over the last few weeks, my other coworkers had donated money, gift certificates, home cooked meals and time to her and her family. All I really had to give was a letter. So I wrote her a letter. But I really didnt know what to put in it. I wish I had put other things in it.
Every time someone mentions Maria, we all would kind of tear up. It is just so sad, she was really loved by everyone who knew her.
We have been working grueling hours, literally from dawn to way, way, past dusk, which is saying something in June. On Thursday, one of the ladies on my team comments that she had noticed that everyone was dressed up and had just realized why. I had not left our 'war room' that we are holed up in, so I had not even noticed this - I hadnt seen anyone we work with.
"Yes, Maria's funeral was today" she said, and we all just sighed.
I really wish I had gone to that funeral.
No comments:
Post a Comment