Sunday, October 17, 2010

Things I like: Lotsa things!

Has it really been since February since I wrote up a 'things I like'?  Well, in that case, I am going to have to catch up.

First off, I am sitting here eating a Five Guys burger.   This is a dang tasty burger.   Why?
  1. The meat is not frozen on this burger.  That's right, fresh meat!  Nums.
  2. Fresh potatoes (potatos?) - these are not your processed, freeze dried fries.  And they are not all wrinkly and ick like Dicks (thats right, I am a northwesterner who really doesn't like Dicks - sue me).
  3. CAJUN SEASONED FRIES - speaks for themselves.
  4. The ratio of bun to meat - anyone who has ever seen me eat a sandwich knows how I take it apart and make sure the meat goes out to the edge of the bread.   Having a bun that is too big for the meat is something that many a restaraunt does, and it is shameful.  As you can see (and yes, my burger looked just like that one up there) they don't over starch this burger.
  5. Last but not least - real bacon!   I was saddened the day, back in 1995, that the A&W that I worked at switched over to pre-cooked bacon.  It just tastes wrong.   Especially because there is usually bacon flavor added.  It is the Krab of pork products.
Next up - the TYR Wetsuit.   I think that I blogged enough about this puppy enough this summer that everyone and their mother knows that I love this thing enough to marry it.  That said, it is now hung up in my closet, waiting in hibernation for its chance to come out next year.   A tiny little piece of me wants to stay the same weight I am now, just so that I will be able to spend another year with the glory that is the TYR Hurricane.

This photo is the inaugural race outing for the suit (with all the other TNM ladies who did the Chelanman).   Note the whitecaps in the background.

I have had so many 'I need to blog about how much I love this' moments over the last month, and now I am drawing a blank.  

Well, I guess I will close out with the glory that is the Snohomish Bakery.   I discovered this not so secret den of carbohydrate joy a few months ago, via the cyclist bakery referral service.   Seriously - the real reason all those cyclists like to cycle?  They can go from bakery to bakery without guilt or weight gain.  But, I digress.   You can always spot the Snohomish Bakery, because there are a couple of bikes out front.  The business next door has even gone so far as to put up a 'No Bicycle Parking' sign, which is constantly ignored.   The only thing I do not like here, so far, is their potato salad.  It is a nice healthy potato salad, but I like my 'tato salad the way mama used to make it - eggs, mayo, pickles, potato, you get the picture.   This one has a vinagrette and some spices and vegetables.    BUT - ah, the cinnamon rolls.  There are two types - equally lovely.  The Cinnamon Roll and the Gooey Pecan Caramelly Heaven Roll (or something like that).   I highly recommend either.  I have had many a bakery recommended to me since discovering these - and yes, believe me I have tried them all.  None come close.

I guess next time I will just have to come straight home and blog about my next favorite thing. 

No comments: