For me, that is a good thing.
I have reached the point that I had hoped to get to within the first month or so - and did so within the first 3 weeks! I don't have to think about getting up and doing the training I am supposed to do for the day - I just go do it. I am also feeling more awake and a tad happier in general. Good deal!
Today, for instance, it was always at the back of my mind that I planned to do my training walk at the end of the day, so I had to wrap everything else up so that I could go walk before it got dark. I set out for about 3 miles, but got a bit off track; I think I ended up doing closer to 4 or 5 miles. By the time I got home the sun had gone from gleaming in the sky to completely dark out. Muki has been a trooper, she is still doing all of my walks with me. I expect that pretty quickly, she will not be able to do the Saturday walks anymore, but still should be able to keep up on the other walks for a bit longer. I think her little doggy legs might hurt if we go much more than 5 or 6 miles.
I did a cross train day both Wed and Friday this week. I think that I will just make W/F my 'bike days', and maybe when I have worked through the kinks a bit, I will be able to not force myself not to go ride my bike, just because I did a walk. However, at this point, I don't want to over do it. It ain't like we's 20 anymore! Yesterday, I really wanted to go tool around on my bike, but held off because I am afraid of hurting myself, like I have in the past (shin splints, strained quads, etc.).
My arches continue to hurt me. I am trying to make sure that I stretch out more, but I think the stress of just having almost 200 pounds constantly coming down on them is just not what arches are made for. Hopefully, I will lose some weight and that will help out with the arches. Knock on wood.
So - another week has past, and I did manage to do all my training days! Plus, I threw one extra day in there, Wednesday on the bike.
And, just in case you don't think I am crazy yet.....I have also decided to do the Danskin this year, it is in August. No worries - I won't be asking for any money for that one!
1 comment:
Yeah! Glad you are getting into a habit with this. It will take a lot to go those 60 miles! I am jealous I just don't have the time to walk as much as I want or need to but I get my exercise running after kids!
Post a Comment