Moving back to the original subject of this blog..... The 3-Day training officially started around oh, the 29th. After the first week and a few days, I am on track. I think that if I am going to manage to walk in the rain, I am going to need to get a rain appropriate walking jacket.
The weekend of the 29th started nasty - it had recently been snowing and raining and causing general mahem, as far as the weather goes. When it dawned sunny on Sunday, I decided that maybe I should go take the dog for a hike.
Training day 1 (Sunday)- Me & Muki went to the St. Edwards park in Kenmore. It is a nice big park down on Lake Washington and has a good variety of hiking trails. Very easy to get in 3 miles. I chose a trail that said 'More Difficult' thinking that was what I was in the mood for. However, I did forget how muddy trails get after a week of rain. It was crazy muddy. (I have some pics from my iPhone, I will put them up at some point). Muki was covered in mud. It was slip and fall on your ass and slide cleeeeeeeear down on your backside muddy. It was 'on pace for a 30 minute mile' muddy. Needless to say, the 3 miles I walked took a couple hours and it was quite a workout to not fall down the hill. Overall - Highly recommend the park for kids and fun, but not on the first sunny day we get. Afterwards, I went to RTC with Ward and got some fab shirts from Lucy, and then popped into 'The Grape Choice' for a glass of Pinot Grigo and quick chat with Des.
Monday - Off Day!
Tuesday - Supposed to Walk but it was nasty out
Wednesday - Off day!
Thursday - Oopsy, got so into playing on facebook with college photos, I FORGOT to walk
Friday - I managed to get a short walk in, it was a pretty nice night. I went a couple miles, down through a cute little neighborhood called Amberleigh and through a construction zone. I will avoid that direction until that is done.
Saturday - After waking up to a wakeup call of 'Wakey Wakey, Time to Eat your Eggs & Bakey!...something something....don't just stay and pick your nose!' that gave me nightmare flashbacks to my Sophmore year in college, I got up and wandered down to Greenlake for our first team walk. 5 of us showed up, plus one baby and one Muki. Misty 1 walked ahead with Jessica and Laura, while Misty 2 and I walked a ways behind. I think this is going to be a trend (see Sunday). Drill Sargent Misty 1 brought us all what I am calling 'Fanny Packs for the New Millinium', they are pretty cool and I think will come in super handy in the walk. Things of note - I walk slower than the others, cause I am out of shape, and my hamstring on my right leg is still bothering me. No knee pain - good news. We made it 3 miles in about 45 min.
Sunday - Got up bright and early again, and wandered yet again down to Seattle. This time for the MS walk, which a bunch of us did. I did catch some flack for not raising money, but for shits sake, am I not begging enough cash off people this year? Yes, I think I am. Again, I lagged behind while Drill Sargent Misty may as well have been running the damn thing. I got through about half of the walk, which I think was under measured. It took about an hour to get to the midpoint, and I was walking only slightly slower than the day before. So, I think I got enough in. I had to go home so that I could let Dave in to get started on my floors (which look fab, by the way, thank god Colleen didn't talk me out of that!!)
Monday - Day off! Woot!
Tuesday (Yes, today) - I just dragged my ass out of a half nap to go walk. I need to plug the route into 'MapMyRun' to see how long it was, but I think it was about 3 miles. I went down to Heron Park, and then wandered around that neighborhood a bit and then came back. Bad news - still hamstring pain. I am going to have to figure out how to get around that. Still - no knee pain!
If anyone wants to meet up for walks, let me know. :) I gonna be doing A LOT of them!!
1 comment:
We'll do the Furry 5k, we'll walk around lake union...we'll walk and walk and walk...you're gonna go through a lot of shoes...builds character!
"My momma always said you can tell a lot about a person by their shoes, where the go, where they've been. I've worn lots of shoes, I bet if I think about it real hard I can remember my first pair of shoes" - Forrest Gump
Post a Comment