I hit another 'long run' milestone this week - and stretched last weeks 4.6 miles out to 5 miles, with the same amount of time spent runnin'. I feel great, but damn am I tired.
I also finally got in a pool this week. The good news - I can still swim! Ha. The bad news is that it has no grace, speed or efficiency. I have always been a fairly good swimmer, although I have never put any effort into it. My shoulders are so broad, I probably have the right body type for it, so, maybe I will get pretty good if I try? I went on down to the ol' LA Fitness, and I think I got an easy 350 to 400 meters in. It was a mix of reallllly sloppy freestyle and mostly backstroke and breaststroke. I was surprisingly sore the next morning, so I adjusted my long run to today, instead of yesterday as scheduled. (I had not expected to feel the slightest bit of soreness, but swimming is such a good workout, it works everything...). Also, I still hate pools. I have never enjoyed laps. In a shallow pool, I always stand instead of flip turning. I wish they made a deep pool, but I suppose that is not very multifunctional. I can't wait until it is warm enough to swim in the local lakes around here instead. Now, that will be fun!
I am super tired, so I am going to sleep. Ahhh, so glad I saw some progress this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment